HISTORY OF AMBULANCE SERVICE IN THE MARSING, MURPHY, REYNOLDS, WILSON, GIVENS HOT SPRINGS AREAS
Marsing Ambulance was founded in 1957; our service area included the boundaries of the Marsing Fire District. The areas of Murphy, Reynolds, Wilson, and Givens Hot Springs were not within any ambulance district; Marsing started responding to those areas to meet the transport needs of the residents. At that time we were a 100% volunteer service so costs were low enough to maintain an ambulance utilizing only patient billing and community donations. Sadly, times have changed, demand for services have increased and volunteers have decreased making it necessary to find money for stipends or salaries to ensure an ambulance is available when needed. It became imperative to form a taxing district to begin meeting the financial demands of maintaining a fully staffed ambulance service. We included the MRW area in the taxing district so we could continue to provide services in that area.